There’s still time for businesses to register for online sessions to help them bounce back from Covid-19 restrictions says Island MP Bob Seely.
The sessions, which are being run by Visit IOW, the IW Council, the IW Chamber of Commerce and Visit England, have been designed to help tourism and hospitality businesses comply with new rules so that they can reopen safely.
The sessions will cover new rules for accommodation providers, catering venues, outdoor attractions, offering practical advice along with opportunities for questions and answers.
Will Myles from Visit IOW said: “It is widely predicted that there will be a big rise in domestic holidays as we emerge from the pandemic. These webinars are about making sure the Island’s tourism sector is well prepared for a return to normalcy and well placed to receive visitors once again.”
Bob said: “It’s important that the Island is ready to welcome visitor’s responsibly when the time is right. We will be reopening but we do need to reassure some Islanders that will be nervous about the future.
“I know Isle of Wight businesses are working hard to adapt to the new guidelines to keep everyone safe and Visit IOW, the Chamber and the IW Council are all there to help them.
“These sessions will help iron out anything they may be unsure of prior to opening. They will also help ensure that as lockdown restrictions ease, the Island will once again be ready to reclaim its position as one of the best, most welcoming and safest UK holiday destinations.”
Details of the sessions and links to sign up are below:
- Weds March 24 | 11-12.30pm: Self Catering session 1 (or copy and paste this link into your web browser https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/tourism-hospitality-industry-re-opening-engagement-sessions-tickets-144461110069)
- Weds March 24 | 3.30-5pm: Self Catering session 2 (or copy and paste this link into your web browser https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/tourism-hospitality-industry-re-opening-engagement-sessions-tickets-144469495149)
- Fri March 26 | 11-12.30pm: Pubs, Restaurants and Cafes (or copy and paste this link into your web browser https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/tourism-hospitality-industry-re-opening-engagement-sessions-tickets-144470191231)
- Sat March 27 | 11-12.30pm: Outdoor Attractions (or copy and paste this link into your web browser https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/tourism-hospitality-industry-re-opening-engagement-sessions-tickets-144473075859)
- Sat March 27 | 1-2.30pm: General (or copy and paste this link into your web browser https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/tourism-hospitality-industry-re-opening-engagement-sessions-tickets-144474032721)
- Mon March 29 | 11-12.30pm: Hotels, Guesthouses and B&Bs - session 1 (or copy and paste this link into your web browser https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/tourism-hospitality-industry-re-opening-engagement-sessions-tickets-144474939433)
- Mon March 29 | 3.30-5pm: Hotels, Guesthouses and B&Bs - session 2 (or copy and paste this link into your web browser https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/tourism-hospitality-industry-re-opening-engagement-sessions-tickets-144475442939)